Tuesday, January 18, 2011

From 11 to 18

When Katrina was 11 we redid her room to be super cool like this:


We carefully taped out all of the stripes.  My husband painstakingly help me paint the stripes. And she has enjoyed it for seven years.  But for  her 18th birthday I decided it was time to paint her room the way SHE wanted it now.  We have had the new bedspread and drapes for a couple years now but had never gotten around to painting because UGH that other painting was SO MUCH WORK.

But the drapes were not actually hanging on secure curtain rods but just resting on the old ones.  And to be honest, the room was a disaster area.  Things had gotten out of control and I just let it be.

Recently Katrina turned 18 and I don't know how that happened so quickly.  But she did.  And we gave her some new things for her room and promised to paint it.  We  finally did paint it last week.  She and I did that is.  She was such a trooper helping me out.  It was a lot of work to clean out all of her stuff and then tape and paint everything.  But we did it!

And it looks quite sophisticated for a young woman I think.




You've come a long way, baby!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad you are feeling well enough to sit and blog!

    ReplyDelete