Friday, August 19, 2011

Dancing

In my "growing up home" we didn't dance.  It was a tradition thing that came from the upbringing that my parents had.  It didn't really matter to me.  I embraced my parents' values from an early age.  


But it made the idea of dancing very uncomfortable to me.  Let me tell you, those sessions of dancing in the dark to The Osmonds or the Jackson 5 in my cousins' bedroom when we played together were very guilt inducing for me!  I SO didn't want to disappoint my dad.


I've never been comfortable dancing in front of people and I don't even know HOW to dance with my husband if we are put in that situation.  


But in my house, I have danced with my kids always.  In the kitchen we have some great dance parties with the music loud.  There can be JOY in dancing before God over His greatness.


My husband works from home quite often which basically consists of him making phone calls to set up appointments.  He likes to listen to the 70s channel on our XM radio while he works. I don't mind it for a while but I like a more varied repertoire.  


The other day  I heard a song and it stuck in my head for a while.  The next day it kept nagging at me and I felt like it was GOD speaking to me.  How could a song from the 70s channel speak to me?????  From God???????


But I promise you it was Jesus calling me with these words:




Dance with me

I want to be your partner

Can't you see--the music is just starting

Night is falling and I am calling

Dance with me.

Fantasy could never be so  giving

I feel free, I hope that you are willing

Pick the beat up and kick your feet up and

Dance with me.

Let it lift you off the ground

Starry eyes and love is all around

I can take you where you want to go.

Dance with me

I want to be your partner

Can't you see--the music is just starting

Night is falling and I am calling

Dance with me.

(Written by Bobby Avila Jr., Louis Brown, Scott Parker, Issiah Avila)



I am so thankful for a personal God who calls us to His heart with whatever means it takes for us to hear Him!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Linda, that's really neat. I would never have thought of that song that way, but now I will. Love that!

    ReplyDelete