Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh, Pinterest, I Love You

I'm the kind of person who, if you tell me, 'you HAVE to do (try, see) this' I will probably not do it.  For instance, I have still never seen the movie E.T.  When it came out everyone told  me 'you HAVE to see it'.  But I didn't have to, so I didn't.  Guess I'm rebellious in strange ways.

Friends and family have been after me to get on pinterest and I have avoided it.  And then I didn't.

And now I'm hooked.

As I mentioned, I love beautiful things--crafts, decor, flowers, plants,doors, fabrics--and the list goes on.  Something I love to do is to look at magazines to get my beauty fix.  Pinterest is kind of the ultimate magazine and it doesn't take up any space in your house!

There are millions of beautiful, smart, entertaining things out there in this incredible world and time in which we live.  I'm having fun with it.  And I can walk away from it.  Really, I can.

Though I certainly don't claim to be like some of the famous decorating bloggers I do like to share my ideas.  Here are a few things I would like to share that maybe someday I will "pin".


See those cute printed "curtains"?  Those are table cloths that I purchased at Target for not much money and they make the cutest addition to my upstairs dormer.  It was too dark with just the navy light blocking curtains and I fell in love with the pattern on those table cloths.  But I don't really use table cloths that much.  So I clipped them up there and they looked so much more fun.  And who knew how great they were going to look with my pitcher and basin that my husband bought me years ago?


I had people comment on my use of this old ladder to hang my Christmas stockings.  Well, for most of the year, it holds my kids' pictures.  I've used it in a different room in the past to hang an old quilt.  So far, I like this use of it best.


I got the idea to make this little display of dominoes from a magazine.


Here's a close up of how it looks in a fun bread bowl I got on clearance at--you guessed it--Target.

This is the view from our master bed.  I am not trying to brag, but I have had these wall words for YEARS before other people went crazy for them and they were available everywhere.  I custom ordered this verse specifically for my bedroom.  It brings me so much comfort especially when I am home alone.

I'd love to see how you make your house and home beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment