Saturday, May 30, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Yesterday was a day that will live in infamy at our house.  We finally brought Adam home from the hospital to care for him until surgery. 

The day was a whirlwind of activity.  I left home before seven and once I got to the hospital the day got really busy.  We had training in doing the feedings as well as the IV antibiotics.  So much information into my dizzy head.  Then the supplier started to deliver medical supplies.  We got the wrong feeding formula so they had to retrieve it and bring back the correct item.  We spent some time doing some "hands on" practicing of tasks we need to do at home every day and before we knew it the day was flying by and after a lot of supplies gathered, doctors seen, dressings redressed and actually getting Adam in clothes for the first time in a very long time we headed out of room 6427. 

To our surprise and amazement the nurses and aides had formed a gauntlet and we're cheering Adam along as he was rolled down the hallway.  We had tears and words of joy with congratulations for getting out.  I just have to say here that we love those ladies so much!  The men who have taken care of Adam on the floor were not there yesterday and of course the night nurses were not either, so we didn't get to say good-bye to them.  We love them all!!!!!  After hugs and well wishes we took a picture then headed down to pharmacy.  Then it was off to load the car and head home.  




The trip was long and hard on Adam but he powered through and made it into his new bed and some sweet pain meds by around 6:45.  Our home health nurse met us within a couple minutes of our arrival.  

She spent a long evening with us helping us get acclimated to a house full of medical supplies and sorting out what will need to be a very efficient schedule.  Craig and I got to bed shortly after midnight and felt like we did on the first night of bringing home a new baby.  Except with a newborn I don't remember fearing that I would accidentally kill the child if  I made a mistake!!

Adam had a good night and we are hoping to get into a solid schedule and not spend our days totally sleep deprived.  Thank you, again, for all your prayers for us and please continue to pray that God will heal our boy and return him to good health and strength once again! 

"For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never forsake you. This is why we can say with confidence, 'The LORD is my helper so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'" Hebrews 13:5b-6

No comments:

Post a Comment