Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Ready to Say Goodbye to 2015

For a while now I've been jokingly (but not totally joking) calling this past year "the year of many bad things".

Between big things 1)our son being in the hospital for close to 6 months and almost dying and then living with us for another 4 months  2) our basement getting flooded while we were away living in KC at the hospital and getting mold and said mold getting remediated  along with new walls, flooring, etc 3) several major appliances and other large items going kaput and needing replaced and just the small things of being exhausted and having to keep up with regular life--it's been quite a year. (As I'm writing this my brand new dishwasher is getting a new drain hose after it blew a hole last week and it has been a long week without it). Oh, and my phone stopped working yesterday too.  Waiting for a replacement to be delivered today as well.  :)

So you can imagine that 2016 is looking really, really good right now to me.

This week I'm getting ready to host our Polson extended family Christmas at my house and I can honestly say that things are more organized and eventually will be cleaner than I could have imagined due to all of the work being done this year.  Part of that is because I went on an organizing kick while my dining room and one of the upstairs bedrooms were filled with medical stuff and a patient.  When you can't do one thing, you CAN do another thing.

We are cutting back on how many gifts we give our kids this year and only giving them each 3 things:  something they want, something they need, and something unexpected.  So far I have more shopping done (online shopping rocks!) than I had anticipated so I'm very grateful for that.  

The one that I'm not supposed to talk about has moved back to his own home as of 4 days ago and I no longer have to get up at 5 a.m. to face performing a really high pressure medical treatment nor do I have to do it before bed at night.  I have to say that normal feels really easy.  

Life is not perfect here.  But it is getting better and now I need to work on some other areas of my life that I have been neglecting.  None of us knows what the future holds.  2016 could be worse than 2015 but I'm not going to think that way.  


Philippians 3:13-14Living Bible (TLB)

13 No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us.
Living Bible (TLB)




I hope as you are anticipating the celebration of the birth of Christ on Christmas you will remember that He came so we COULD say goodbye to the past and embrace the future.



So let us feast upon him and grow strong in the Christian life, leaving entirely behind us the cancerous old life with all its hatreds and wickedness. Let us feast instead upon the pure bread of honor and sincerity and truth.















No comments:

Post a Comment