Thursday, August 5, 2010

School Daze

How is it possible that school will be starting in just two weeks?  Then again, how is it that summer is almost over and I haven't had one pedicure in all of 2010?


This has been possibly the best summer we've had in a long time.  I'm not sure why, though.  It has been pretty laid back for the most part and that is probably why I loved it.


Usually I'm SO very much ready to send my kids back to school for most of the day.  They need it and I need it more.  But this year it doesn't feel like I am ready as much as former years.  


Granted, there are certainly moments when I wish someone was in school instead of creating bedlam in my home, but for the most part this year is going to be hard to see them go back.  


Maybe it is because my darling daughter number 1 is going to be a senior this year.  You know, they go through that 13-15 year old drama and you wonder if you'll ever get along with them. Then suddenly they're 18 and you can't imagine watching them leave home. I'm really loving AND liking my daughter right now.


Or perhaps it is because darling daughter number 2 will be in junior high and I am dreading already the drama that will come from being in sports. OR just the overall wear and tear on a mom that comes from there being only 3 girls in the whole 6th grade.  Girl drama is just as hard on the mom as it is on the girls.


Whatever the reason, I am grasping tightly onto each and every day that remains before our lives go back to being regulated by bedtimes, homework and early morning bus arrivals.


Here's hoping that you'll be enjoying every minute you have until your school dreams come true.  



No comments:

Post a Comment