Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thoughts of the I AM

It is not my intention to write about my pastor's sermons each week but right now it is the only spiritual food I am getting apart from my personal devotions so I'm eating it up so to speak.


Our church is going through the book of Exodus and more specifically, right now, we are going through the 10 commandments.  This week was C3.  I wish that our church's link to the sermons was already available online because it was AMAZING.  God.  Spoke.  This.  Week.   Through.  Charlie.  


He always does speak through Charlie but it was almost as though you could sense that Charlie was merely a ventriloquist dummy (sorry Charlie, imagery only, not a comment on your intelligence!) and the Holy Spirit was speaking DIRECTLY through him.  


I personally felt like I was sitting on the edge of God's presence.  


We learned about "taking the name of the Lord in vain" or more simply, misusing His name.  I'm not going to just repeat his points but I am just flabbergasted by God's Holiness and presence.


And the worship we had together in song was incredible.  I have been a part of leading worship for a long time and this week was what I have been longing for for a long time.  It felt to me as if everything else in our lives faded away and we were all just awed by the Holiness of God in our presence.  GOD was the singular focus of our existence and we no longer existed  for any other purpose.  That, my friends, is what Heaven will be like. Not in a "we all live on a cloud and strum harps" kind of way but in the intent of our complete focus. 


So that's where I'm sitting right now.  Please, God, may I never make Your Name worthless.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment