Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deep Thoughts and a Linky

Last Sunday we were on the Do Not Commit Adultery commandment.  Which is 5  or 6, I have lost count.  It is a sobering subject and Charlie handled it wonderfully.  He ended the sermon with the video of the song SLOW FADE by Casting Crowns.  I love that video but it is very hard to watch.  It shows us how easy it is to let something so little become the thing that throws our life off track and ruin countless other lives.


I think probably the only really obvious sin we commit that is "acceptable" is gluttony.  I mean, really people, if you eat too much it shows!  I am a testimony of this.  But most all of our other sins that we, especially as Christians, commit are in the heart and mind.  We are too smart to live openly in sin.  I know I am.  


Of course, Charlie spoke to how we can commit adultery in our hearts by means of transferring our emotions long before we "commit" anything.  And naturally he talked about the fact that Jesus said that simply lusting after a woman in your heart is the same as committing adultery is His eyes.  


Today as I was reading Jon Acuff's blog he was on the same theme and it is very well written. Jon is usually funny but he gets serious on Wednesdays.  As usual he has some really thoughtful insights.  You should check him out here.  


I found out while my girls were getting ready for school that they are going to get out today at 11:30.  So I better get busy before the "day" is over before it begins!






1 comment:

  1. I thought Charlie handled the divorce segment of the sermon VERY well. Tough subject in today's culture.

    And you are sweet for your comments. I'm proud I did (am doing) it on my own - well, with my family as support. I just woke up one day and decided that was it.

    ReplyDelete