Friday, April 29, 2011

Acts of Worship

The most fragrant plant in my garden.
                                                                  

There's nothing like turning what the enemy has meant for evil and make it good for God's glory.

This morning I've been worshiping God by pulling weeds.  Yes, you read it correctly.

It is finally a warmer day here in our little part of  Kansas and I am using it to clean up my garden and glorify God.  Normally,  when I weed I can get very caught up in cursing the curse.  In other words, being mad at the curse for giving me weeds.

But today I feel like I'm reversing that curse a little bit.  Obviously, since my blog is titled Music From My Heart music is a huge part of my life.  One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was one of using music to worship God.  Everything we did was bathed  in music of worship.  Our kitchen radio was tuned to WMBI radio station all day long even if no one was actively listening to it.  So music of praise to God was beamed into my spirit along with the Word of God being faithfully preached throughout all of my waking hours.

So this morning I plugged in my ipod dock on my front porch and thus turned weeding (the curse) into praise to God.  I feel so much better about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment