Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oh, Be Careful Little Cyclone



When I woke up this morning I was thinking about cyclones. (Okay, I admit, it was the second time I woke up this morning.  I got up around 5:45 to wake my daughter for school and then I went back to bed.  Thankfully, my husband was here and he took care of the morning routine for me.  I haven't been feeling well and needed some extra rest.)


Maybe it was because it is windy today.  Also, I saw a cyclone last night on my way to Bible study/worship band practice and they always fascinate me.  It certainly can't be because I dreamed about them because there was that school bus I was driving and got those low tires that I had to be careful of and I was driving at high speeds even though I was dozing off while driving....


My dreams are weird.


Anyway.  Cyclones are interesting because they are kind of invisible and yet we see all the "stuff" that they collect swirling around them.  And because apparently my mind thinks very metaphorically, it got me thinking.  We are all cyclones.  


We swirl through our lives like cyclones picking up all the "stuff" we surround ourselves with and the people who watch us SEE who we are by what kind of "stuff" we have in our cyclone.


I have to say that I'm not too proud of some of my stuff in my cyclone.  But it is there.  Where everyone can see it.  In my conversations.  On my facebook wall.  Woven into the activities that I involve myself and my family.  On my television or computer screen.


If you grew up in the era that I did and went to a good Bible teaching church you probably know  the song "Oh, Be Careful Little Eyes What You See".  That song was drilled into me from infancy.   And it was lived out in my parents' lives and their example in our home.


So, I guess the Spirit of God was whispering to my heart this morning, "Oh, be careful little eyes what you see.  Oh, be careful little hands what you do.  Oh, be careful  little feet where you go.  For the Father up above is looking down in love.  Oh, be careful..."


Oh, Father, touch me with the "hot coal" of your holiness and cleanse me.  Because my stuff is sometimes so dirty and ugly.  


Since when you look at me and my cyclone of a life you're going to see all that "stuff" swirling around me.  I want it to be great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment