Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What's Wrong With Me?

"Is it just me or was that really rude?"


That is what I said after being in a fabric store yesterday.  I'm looking for a particular kind of fabric for some Christmas projects and I can't find it anywhere.


Since we had the day off from school yesterday, my one and only at home and I went to the big town to do a few things.  One of my goals was to go to a nationally known fabric store and see if they had the fabric I so desire.


We went in and I looked around for quite a while as the 3 clerks in the store talked to each other.  


When I couldn't find what I needed I asked one of the clerks. She looked at me as I was about to ask her as if I had three heads.  She replied with a cross looking face "No, I have no idea where you would find that."  Then she pretty much dismissed me like you would a naughty child who had been screaming in her face.


As we got into the car I said to my daughter, "that seemed really rude."  My daughter can be socially clueless at times so she said, "I don't think so." 


What do you think?????


3 comments:

  1. yes that was RUDE--she should have busted her butt to find what you wanted.....she could have pulled out a catalogue or (and) called another store.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think it was rude. It's her job to help you. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was rude. A good clerk would offer some alternative or a helpful suggestion of where you could find what you need. Look online--I'll bet you'll find it. Probably cheaper.

    ReplyDelete