Tuesday, May 8, 2012

From Blah to Blue

Remember this?



Well, after seeing a really cute blog with a painted birdcage I decided how I could make mine stand out a little more.  I mean, there is all that wood in this scene and it kind of looks boring don't you think?

Now my husband likes the 'all wood all the time' look but I like pops of color and whimsy.

So yesterday I did this.



I started with this:


And made it look like this:






And ended up going paint crazy by repainting these:





I think you can see that the color before was okay but it was too periwinkle .











That's better.



And I did it all with leftover paint so, yea for free!





3 comments:

  1. So cute, Linda! I think that birdcage looks much better now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute. I love the birdcage!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll never forget when I came home from Hobby Lobby with that thing. My kids got all excited because they thought we were getting a bird!

    ReplyDelete