Friday, June 5, 2015

Disclaimer

I just want to get it out there today that we are NOT amazing people because we are caring for our son at home.  In no way did I intend to infer that when I shared our daily schedule yesterday.  It just felt good to put it down on "paper", so to speak and to let people know how involved Adam's medical condition is at present.

People were telling me that we are great and amazing people for doing what we are doing.  But we are not.  We are simply parents who love our children beyond expression and would do this for any one of them.  

But we are not without faults.  We often snap at one another and second guess each other's particular way of doing a dressing, get short with each other and generally fail at being good people many times a day.  It's just who we are and we aren't super human or super loving.  

It does feel as if, by loving and caring for Adam that we are all loving each other better even in the midst of the battle.  

Don't think in any way that I am sharing any of these thoughts in order for you to feel sorry for us because I am not.  My heart has always been to share our needs and Adam's needs here so that anyone who is willing will prayer for him.  

I keep thinking of a verse of Scripture that says:


But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.



I think God is bringing this verse to my mind for  a reason.  And I'm pretty sure it is meant to be directed at ME.    Please pray that as we work together for our one purpose we will be able to love each of  our family members and not be consumed by one another.

Thanks for the prayers!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment