Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Interesting Surprise

Yesterday was Veteran's Day.  I've read several blogs and facebook statuses that moved my heart to be ever more thankful for what the men and women of our military have done for us in the greatest country on earth.


My husband is a veteran and was deeply moved by our local school's commemoration of the day which honored he and the other veterans beautifully. 


But today I came across a couple things on the blogosphere that truly surprised me.  I'm not even sure how I got there but I came across this blog.  Then I decided to read some of the MANY comments people offered.  In doing that, I came across this .


If anyone is actually reading my blog I hope you take the time to check out these two things.  It warmed my heart on the one hand and frightened me on the other.  I think you'll figure out which is which for yourselves. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm reading, Linda, and I found both of those links to be fascinating. Yes, a little disheartening, but also encouraging in a funny sort of way as we look toward 2012.

    ReplyDelete