Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Deconstruction Update

You know the old saying that it has to get worse before it gets better?  I'm living in that place this week.  But it is all good.  Progress, you know.

On a positive note, but with the caveat of the old saying, the "garage work clothes closet" is finished.  There was a trip to the emergency room for stitches in the process but it is done and things are happening around here!



Here are the blood spatters that will forever be part of the project.  (Sorry Judi, remember, pretend it is ketchup.)

Today I have the plumbers back to do more re-plumbing so I had to clean out two of my bathrooms for work to be done in them.  Growing up we had very few closets and my mom has always had closet envy.  So I hesitate to post the next picture but I will anyway.  It is amazing how much you can get into a bathroom closet.

I have been informed that they will be cutting a huge hole in my living room ceiling to access the aforementioned bathroom upstairs.  Actually, that is a plus because we had had a leak there previously so that means we will get new sheetrock in the bargain.  However, I am a little frenzied at the thought of all of the mess in my once clean house.

Electricians are here pounding holes into the old basement ceiling and installing can lighting down there.  I can't even begin to tell you what that room looks like.  To say it looks like a bomb went off would be rather tentative.

So, shout out a prayer for me this week to keep my sanity and to remember that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment