Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mood Lifters




The other night I went out walking rather late in the evening.  Many times I like to walk alone with nothing in my ears to distract me from the beauty of the landscape around me.  But this night I needed some music in my ears.  So I put my headphones on and pressed play on my ipod which was in shuffle mode.  I love shuffle because you never know what you are going to get.

I have a lot of upbeat songs on my list and that can be really motivating for walking.  But this particular night every song that came on while I walked was a soothing, slower type song.

As I walked, the sun was almost dipping completely out of view.  The fields around me were flourishing with the abundant growth that has come from good, timely rains.  A pair of birds flew above me together and ultimately criss-crossed each other the way they do as if choreographed, which always mystifies me.

I got some exercise.

But, ultimately, I got a mood lift and a soul medicine that you can only get from certain types of songs.

When I heard the song below, I knew that I needed to share it with someone.  So I'm posting it here:







No comments:

Post a Comment