Friday, October 17, 2014

Snakes on my Pillow

Yesterday was a day that will live in infamy for me.  

If you follow me on social media you know without any doubt that I found a snake in my house yesterday.  





I'm sorry if that scares you or anything, but, yeah, it was in MY house.  Yes, I freaked out a bit.  And yes, I shoved that thing with my shoe all the way across my kitchen from my living room and pushed it right outside onto my patio. 

 Most people agree with me that I should have killed it. But I was running late to pick up my daughter from school and her school is 30 minute away.  So I hoped in my rapidly beating heart that it would slither away and I would never see it again as I drove down the road having images of snakes slithering up into my bedroom and waking me in the morning.  It didn't help that a high school classmate of mine joked that I would find one on my pillow.  

That post on my social media got more comments than pretty much anything I had ever posted previously.  Which brought me to my next horrifying discovery:  my floor was filthy and my woodwork is totally scratched up from my now 10 months departed dog.

So this morning, partly to satisfy my need to make it look better, and partly to disinfect the snake cooties, I had to clean.  I even got out the scratch remover which I have been needing to do, but had so far avoided.  

Here's to being clean AND snake free for a long time.






1 comment:

  1. Looks fantabulous!! I'm glad something good came out of the visit from your uninvited house guest!

    ReplyDelete